As many of our viewers are aware, I am representing Sheriff Carl Nace in relation to a lawsuit filed against him by the Perry County Auditors to force him to disclose confidential license to carry firearms (LTCF) information. The hearing is currently scheduled for September 2, 2014, at 1:30 PM in Courtroom 1 of the Perry County Courthouse.
Since my last blog on the PA Sheriffs’ Associations Amended Petition for Leave of Court to file Amicus Curiae, a number of documents have been filed:
- The Court Order continuing the matter until September 2, 2014 – here.
- President Judge Zanic’s Order GRANTING the PA Sheriffs’ Association’s Petition for Leave to File Amicus Curiae – here.
- The Auditors’ Brief in Opposition to our Preliminary Objections – here.
- Sheriff Nace’s Brief in Support of the Preliminary Objections – here.
- A Petition to Intervene by John Doe 1, 2, 3 and Jane Doe and Preliminary Objections – here.
Judge Zanic has stated that the Petition to Intervene will not be considered at the hearing on September 2nd and will be considered at a later time, if the Preliminary Objections are overruled. Also, I was informed that the reason for the continuance of the hearing (originally scheduled for today) was a result of Courtroom 1 being utilized today for another matter and the fact that only Courtroom 1 is of sufficient size to accommodate the expected attendance.