As an FFL, Can you Sell to Someone without Picture ID?

Frequently, FFLs inquire as to whether they can sell a firearm to an individual who lacks government-issued photo identification. Consistent with 27 C.F.R. 478.11 and 478.124©, a purchaser may be identified by any combination of documents that together establish all of the following required information: 1. Name; 2. Residence address; 3. Date of birth; and 4. Photograph of the purchaser.

Thus, a purchaser could use a government-issued non-driver license photo ID, in combination with a Social Security card, or other form of ID, that establishes the required information. If you ever have a question, before proceeding with a sale, call your local ATF field office to inquire as to whether the documents you are utilizing are acceptable.

If you ever have a question about what documents are necessary or have issues with the ATF/PSP, please do not hesitate to contact me

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s